Colony 42 is a singleplayer modification for the goldsource engine using Spirit of Half-life 1.5a4. It will take the player into a space station under attack by alien forces.
- Muliple types of Security Guards - Both Barney and Otis
- Charlie Blanks, a completely new Character
- A new storyline, unrelated to Half-Life
- HD pack compatibility
- Two new weapon skins- Desert eagle and Pipewrench
Colony 42 is the latest incarnation of JeffMOD's Science-fiction modification, and by far the most developed. The original, known as USS Black Mesa, was scrapped because JeffMOD could not, at the time, understand how to make HL change levels properly. The next incarnation, USS Bravo, was more developed, but lacked a good storyline, and was scrapped. JeffMOD's mapping skills improved vastly over time, and he still wanted to make a science fiction mod. Finally, after the scrapping of another mod, due to unoriginallity reasons, a storyline was developed placing the player onboard a space station, with many more planned areas of interest than the previous versions. Spirit of Half-life was chosen to be used as a base, and High-definition compatibility was a priority from day 1. Work on Colony 42 began in late January of 2009, and continues to this day.
Team and Contributers
- JeffMOD - Project lead, mapper.
- James "Hunter" Archibald - Voice acting
- Andy 'Urbanebula' Morris - Voice acting
- Martin "Gman" Paskulov - Voice acting
- Sean "World Crafter" Goolsby - Desert eagle model and sounds
- Colony 42 has been made possible by the contributions of many members of the TWHL community and the modding community at large, who have helped with everything from texture contributions to error support. The list of community members who have helped is too exaustive to fully list here, and is still being added to, but will be included in the readme.
N/A at this time
The Whole Half-life, Where Colony 42 was born.