Category:Source SDK FAQ
This is a directory of Frequently Asked Questions about the Source SDK.
- How do I get and install the Source SDK?
- What games does the Source SDK support? Can I use it to edit Half-Life 1 content?
General SDK troubleshooting
- Where can I go for more help?
- I'm experiencing constant, strange problems not covered elsewhere in this FAQ.
- How do I Refresh Source SDK Content?
- I can't launch Source SDK on 64-bit Windows.
- When I try to launch the Source SDK, it does not open.
- How do I reset the Source SDK Game Configuration?
- I reset my Game Configuration, but I get a configuration error when I try to run Hammer.
- My game configurations menu in Hammer and the SDK application is empty.
- How do I re-install the entire Source SDK installation?
- How do I remove old games from my "Current Game" menu?
- After working in the SDK for a little while, my machine runs out of resources and crashes!
Common SDK error messages
- How do I fix the "Cache Needs Repair" error?
- How do I fix the "Cache Needs Decryption" error?
- I get an error "Can't find steam.dll relative to executable path (steam path)".
- I get an error "The configuration information for the game is invalid or missing".
- When I try to run these tools in the bin folder of the SDK, I'm getting an error message: "tier0.dll or vstdlib.dll are not found".
General SDK information
- How are the Source SDK files and directories structured?
- What is meant by Game Directory?
- How can I make my own GameInfo.txt?
- Gamecfg.ini conversion information
- How do I launch the game without loading the 3D background maps?
- What are some game parameters I can launch the game with?
- Where can I submit bugs I found in Source SDK?
- What compiler do I need to build the SDK code?
- What else do I need to build the SDK code?
- Can I use Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 with the SDK?
- Can I use Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 with the SDK?
- Can I use Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition with the SDK?
- Am I seeing an issue that's already well known?
- When I use run_mod.bat, I can't run the game if my path has spaces.
- Missing certain Half-Life 2 entities in Hammer with custom mods.
- When playing a multiplayer mod, combine players don't show any animation!
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Source SDK FAQ"
The following 61 pages are in this category, out of 61 total.
- Cache Needs Decryption error
- Cache Needs Repair error
- Can't find steam app user info
- Can't find steam.dll error
- Cannot load library client
- Command Line Options
- Compiler Choices
- Compiling under VS2005
- Compiling under VS2008
- Compiling under VS2010
- Compiling under VS2012
- Compiling under VS2012:ru
- Core Known Issues List