Category:Source SDK FAQ
From Valve Developer Community
Revision as of 07:32, 20 December 2005 by Sodabus (Spam.)
This is a directory of Frequently Asked Questions about the Source SDK.
General SDK Troubleshooting
- Where can I go for more help?
- How do I reset the Source SDK Game Configuration?
- I reset my Game Configuration, but I get a configuration error when I try to run Hammer.
- My game configurations menu In Hammer and the SDK application is empty.
- How do I re-install the entire Source SDK installation?
- How do I remove old games from my "Current Game" menu?
- After working in the SDK for a little while, my machine runs out of resources and crashes!
- How do I fix the "Cache Needs Repair" error?
- How do I fix the "Cache Needs Decryption" error?
- I get an error "Can't find steam.dll relative to executable path (steam path)"
- I'm experiencing constant, strange problems not covered elsewhere in this FAQ.
General SDK Information
- How are the Source SDK files and directories structured?
- What is meant by Game Directory?
- I get an error "The configuration information for the game is invalid or missing". What do I do?
- How can I make my own GameInfo.txt?
- Gamecfg.ini conversion information
- How do I launch the game without loading the 3D background maps?
- What are some game parameters I can launch the game with?
Hammer Configuration and Compiling
- My Hammer Configuration does not work correctly. What do I do?
- How do I manually configure the Hammer Editor?
- How do I copy the contents of the compile Process Window?
- What is the "Additional game parameters" field for?
- My multiplayer map isn't appearing in the multiplayer map list.
- I compiled my map with Hammer, but when I run the game from the Steam menu, the map is not there.
- I added some prop models in Hammer, but they don't appear in the game!
- When I compile, I get "Error! static_prop using model (modelname), which must be used on a dynamic entity."
- When I load my Counter-Strike: Source map, it says "Both Teams are Full".
- Models I place in Hammer are rendered with a black and purple checkerboard in-game.
- Hammer reports "leaked!" when I compile. How do I fix it?
- I get a message "Memory leak: mempool blocks left in memory: (number)" when I compile.
- When I run my multiplayer map in the game, people join my server!
- How do I get back to having 4 views - the 3D, top, front, and side views?
- How do I make it so textures show up in the 3D view? Mine is only wireframe.
Level Editing Features
- How do I correctly make a skybox?
- How do I add fog to my level?
- Can I make a custom soundscape for my level?
- How do I use Half-Life 2 model or material in a Counter-Strike: Source map?
- What compiler do I need to build the SDK code?
- Can I use Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 with the SDK?
- Am I seeing an issue that's already well known?
- When I use run_mod.bat, I can't run the game if my path has spaces.
- Missing certain Half-Life 2 entities in Hammer.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Source SDK FAQ"
The following 61 pages are in this category, out of 61 total.
- Cache Needs Decryption error
- Cache Needs Repair error
- Can't find steam app user info
- Can't find steam.dll error
- Cannot load library client
- Command Line Options
- Compiler Choices
- Compiling under VS2005
- Compiling under VS2008
- Compiling under VS2010
- Compiling under VS2012
- Compiling under VS2012:ru
- Core Known Issues List