Materials are what the Source engine uses to define which textures (in .VTF file format) and shaders (functions which define how materials are rendered to the screen) are used on surfaces (models, world surfaces, sprites, etc). Materials are defined by parameters in .VMT files.
- Material Creation - The basics of material creation.
- Materials for models - These are slightly different to Brush Materials.
- Materials for Brush Displacements - These are slightly different to ordinary Brush Materials.
- Decals - How to make decal and overlay materials.
- Skybox (2D) - How to use and make the cubic materials used for the sky.
- Material Proxies - Advanced materials that can vary based on changing data.
- Water Shader - Description of the special water shader.
- Half-Life 2 Shader Fallbacks - Fallback settings of Half-Life 2 shaders on different platforms.
- DirectX Versions - How shaders are rendered on different versions of DirectX.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Material System"
The following 127 pages are in this category, out of 127 total.
- Making a custom breakable surface
- Making a wall of water
- Material Download Sites
- Material Flags
- Material Map Compile Flags
- Material modify control
- Material optimization
- Material proxies
- Material proxies programming
- Material proxies:zh-cn
- Material surface properties
- Material surface properties:ru
- Material vector
- Materials for Brush Displacements
- Materials for models
- Materials for models:ko
- Materials for models:zh-cn
- MIP Mapping
- MIP Mapping:ru
- Multiple Skins for a Single Model