Revision as of 15:46, 12 August 2010 by Fizzleblix (Created article, transcribing keyvalues, IO and Flags from entity properties in hammer)
- The name that other entities refer to this entity by.
- Entity Script
- Name(s) of script files that are executed after all entities have spawned.
- Script think function
- Name of a function in this entity's script scope which will be called automatically.
- Start Fade Dist/Pixels
- Distance at which the prop starts to fade (<0 = use fademaxdist). If 'Screen Space Fade' is selected, this represents the number of pixels wide covered by the prop when it starts to fade.
- End Fade Dist/Pixels
- Maximum distance at which the prop is visible (0 = don't fade out). If 'Screen Space Fade' is selected, this represents the *minimum* number of pixels wide covered by the prop when it fades.
- Fade Scale
<To do: Is type of parameter int or float?>
- If you specify a fade in the worldspawn, or if the engine is running under dx7, then the engine will forcibly fade out props even if fademindist/fademaxdist isn't specified. This scale factor gives you some control over the fade. Using 0 here turns off the forcible fades.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.
- Start Constrained. To do: Find out how this constrains the entity.
- Deny player pickup.(Reserve for NPC) If set, denies use by npcs.
- Not puntable by gravity gun. If set, gravity gun can not punt this entity.
- Calls the function named as parameter from the script specified under Keyvalue Entity Script.
- Enables shadow.
- Disables shadow.
- Runs script code. To do: Parameters?
- Runs script file. To do: Parameters?
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note: Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything depending on the entity. Can also be invoked by firing an output that does not specify an input.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Fired when the Player interacts with this entity.
- Fired when the player picks up this entity.
- Fired when a npc picks up this entity.
- Fired when the player uses this entity.
- Fired in response to the FireUser inputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.