AI NavGoal t
From Valve Developer Community
Revision as of 03:17, 20 January 2009 by VDCBot (Robot: fixing template case.)
AI_NavGoal_t structure is used to encapsulate a navigation request. It has five constructors, which accept varying destination parameters:
- Unspecified goal/location
Alongside the parameters in the list above:
- The activity to use when moving. Overwritten by all of Valve's stock movement tasks except
TASK_SCRIPT_CUSTOM_MOVE_TO_TARGET, so not useful unless you're using either that task or one of your own making.
- The activity or sequence to play on arriving at the goal. Will be blended with the NPC's idle animation in Valve's stock movement tasks.
- NPCs closer to their target than this value won't fail their task if they are blocked. See
pTargetif you want the NPC to ignore a certain entity when navigating.
- Movement flags - click link for detail.
pTargetwill be ignored by the navigator - i.e. the NPC won't try and find a way around it. Very useful when the goal is a model entity's origin.
- How far to simplify the path. Game default sets the minimum.
- To do: What is simplification?