Template:Wrongtitle One of the most popular modeling programs in game design, it is a very powerful toolbox. Discreet, a division of Autodesk, makes this program along with several others for creative professionals, in not only the entertainment software industry, but for motion pictures, visualization, architecture, and many other professions. 3ds Max comes with several options for modeling solids, including polygonal modeling, NURBS modeling, and patch modeling.
GMax, a free version of this program specifically designed for modding games has been discontinued.
- Making props using 3ds Max by coder0xff
- Making flexes using 3ds Max by Cannonfodder commented by Snotball
- .smd Exporter and Importer by Cannonfodder
- VTF support plug-in by Wunderboy
- .smd Exporter for 3ds max version 9, 2008 & 2009 by Wunderboy
- Game Level Builder .map Exporter by Maple3D
- Note: This plugin has been retired by the developer. An older version is still available on the developer's site.