From Valve Developer Community
Revision as of 03:05, 9 November 2007 by Beeswax
Basic VMT syntax
- Used with "UnlitGeneric", "VertexlitGeneric", "LightmappedGeneric" and many more shaders to enable a opacity map according to the alpha channel of the "$basetexture" targa.
- Scales material opacity by the 'float' number.
- Every pixel with an alpha value less than 178 will be completely transparent in game. (However, values close to this value will confuse the shader at distances.)
- This type of shading costs much less than $translucent shading .
- Renders the texture additively (Its colors are added to, instead of replacing, what is displayed behind it).