The surface prop controls many aspects of simulation:
- What sounds are emitted during collisions
- What effects are emitted when the surface is shot
- The surface's mass, buoyancy, bounciness...
- The effect of the surface on nearby sounds (reverberation, echo, absorption...)
Syntax is the same in either context:
$surfaceprop <surface prop>
Surface props are defined in
scripts/surfaceproperties_manifest.txt and the files linked to from there. For a list of Valve's stock props, see Material surface properties.
$surfacepropis not a shader parameter, so can be used on any material at all.
- A model's surface prop will override its material's
- It is unclear whether a model's mass is calculated from it's surface prop or
- Surface props can be defined for individual bones with