From Valve Developer Community
Revision as of 16:15, 4 March 2014 by Pacguy19 (clarification)
- What sounds are emitted during collisions
- What effects are emitted when the surface is shot
- Mass, buoyancy, bounciness...
- The effect of the surface on nearby sounds (reverberation, echo, absorption...)
Syntax is the same for both models and materials:
Names are defined in
<game>\scripts\surfaceproperties_manifest.txt (and the files it references). For a list of Valve's stock props, see Material surface properties.
Bug: Left 4 Dead does not display bullet decals properly on brick surfaces. If you're okay with the decals and visual effects being inappropriate, you can change the
$surfacepropto something else to fix it.
$surfacepropis not linked to any particular shader, so it can be used at any time.
- Only brush based shaders require this parameter.
$surfacepropmust always be defined within the collision property of the QC file if anything other than the default is to be used, however.